Party Necktie Free Knitting Pattern
If you are into knitting for a couple of time, you surely know that you can create anything you can imagine with just using some needles and yarn. Today you can knit your first party necktie free knitting pattern!! With this necktie knitting pattern you can easily knit a unique knitted necktie. Small amount of yarn and easy to follow instructions you can create unique and handcrafted neckties in different colors to match your or your husband’s outfits. Also you can make some easy-to-knit tube socks for your hubby. 😀
Party Necktie Free Knitting Pattern Materials:
• 1-50 gr. ball of PARTY YARN #410 (Firedance) nylon ribbon yarn
• Size 8 needles CPY Bamboo Needles or CPY DAISY needles
The entire necktie is knit in garter stitch (all rows knit) with a little shaping.
Gauge: 5 stitches/inch on size 8 needles. Be sure to check your gauge, a too-loose gauge will not behave well as a necktie. Loose knitters will need to use size 7 needles.
To knit the necktie:
Cast on 2 stitches
Row 1: Increase in each stitch [4 stitches]
Row 2: Knit1, increase 1 in each of the next 2 stitches, K1 [6 stitches]
Row 3: Knit1, increase in 2nd stitch, K to 2nd to last stitch, increase, K1 [8 stitches]
Row 4: repeat row 3 increase’s 4 times (in 2nd and 2nd to last stitches) until there are 16 stitches on the needle
- Continue to Knit these 16 stitches on all rows until tie measures 5″ from tip
- Decrease 1 stitch in the 2nd stitch and 2nd from the end of the row [14 stitches].
- Knit even on 14 stitches for 2.5 inches.
- Decrease 1 stitch in the 2nd stitch and 2nd from the end of the row [12 stitches].
- Knit even on 12 stitches for 8 inches.
- Decrease 1 stitch in the 2nd stitch and 2nd from the end of the row [10 stitches].
- Knit even on 10 stitches for 24 inches.
- Decrease 1 stitch in the 2nd stitch and 2nd from the end of the row [8 stitches].
- Knit even on 8 stitches until tie measures 52″ or desired length.
- Decrease 1 stitch in 2nd stitch and 2nd from the last stitch. [6 stitches].
- Repeat Decrease row twice more [4 stitches, 2 stitches]Bind off the last 2 stitches.